Thursday, September 16, 2010

Brother Pastors and Friends

A great joy for me during these last eleven years since my Ordination, has been my affiliation with Northern Illinois Confessional Lutherans. I joined this Lutheran Confessions study group right after I was ordained and have rarely missed a meeting in, lo, these many years. There has been close to a complete turn-over in the group since I began. Many of the fathers in Christ who I began with in NICL are no longer around. Some have retired and some have taken Calls elsewhere. Some have been translated to Glory. However, a new group of young brothers has come in, eager to study God's Holy and our Lutheran Symbols. For some pastors who do not have circuit meetings that are particularly strong on study, this may be the only opportunity they have to study The Lutheran Confessions with brother pastors. I am blessed in that I have both and excellent circuit and NICL too. I am also blessed in that I can call these exceptional fathers and brothers in Christ friends.    

No comments:

Post a Comment